Monday, 11 April 2011

MUA

This post is a little overdue as I've actually had this stuff for a while now, but I guess it just means I've had time to decide what I think of it all :)

I'd been looking for MUA products in the Superdrugs around me as I'd heard really good things about them but couldn't find any. (After I found these bits, my local Superdrug started stocking MUA too, typical!)

Looking at the stand I really wanted to buy loads more than I did, but I think it was just because of the price (£1!) so I just got the things I thought I'd get most use out of. This is what I got:


- Pressed Powder in Shade 1
- Blusher in Shade 1
- Eyeshadows in Shades 3 & 13
- Lipsticks in Shades 6 & 7

Total = £6! :D



You can see from the swatches how pigmented it all is, this was all with just one swipe of the finger. The silvery eyeshadow especially is SO pigmented; a little really goes a long way with it!

The pressed powder looks a little pale in this picture but it goes really great with my skin. It's good because I'm on a constant search for a foundation that's pale enough, so this helps to balance it out a little.

I haven't used the blush too much as I've got into a bit of a routine with my Benefit Coralista, but this does look really nice on and I think it will look great for summer.

I really like both the eyeshadows and would like to try the matt ones, although I've heard they're less pigmented. These two are definitely good for evening looks though, and look really nice together too. I chose them because I think they're sort of staple colours, not too bright or extreme.


This lipstick is shade 7 which is a slightly coral-y pink which I was a bit worried about, but I do actually really like it.


Sorry for the awful picture! My camera died and this was the only shot I got of this lipstick. It's shade 6 and is a more reddy purple-y pink, but because one photo is with flash and one is without, I think they look really similar :(

So I took this crappy webcam picture to try to demonstrate the difference:


Hopefully it worked!

Overall I really like this range! I'd definitely look into purchasing more products, especially eyeshadows and lipsticks. I think for the price these are really great products, you'd probably expect them to be a bit disappointing but I'm really happy with everything I bought :)

Have you tried anything from MUA? What did you think, would you recommend anything?

4 comments:

  1. I wish I could get them from where I live, but they are not available. At the price you pay the quality is really amazing :) Cute blog, love the things you picked up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooohhh this is the first I have heard about these products and I like what I see! You look BEA-utiful in the pic! The make-up looks amazing. xx :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the first two products gorgeous colours :) X

    ReplyDelete

leave me a message :)